IT Analyst I
This is an entry-level role that assess and provide technical solutions to meet business user needs.
Examples of Work
Job functions are specific duties that would be included in the essential functions of the job description. These functions are not all-inclusive nor do they cover the full extent of the duties performed.
- Analyze business users needs to assess technical feasibility and solutions
- Translate business requirements into functional specifications and manage changes
- Assists with estimating of the analysis and development effort based on requirements
- Involved in the full systems life cycle; designing, coding, testing, implementing, maintaining and supporting software, quality assurance, testing, deployment
- Assists with technical designs, specifications, and options for technical solutions
- Develop technical documentation (designs, specifications, processes, workflows) and communications
- Simulates or recreates user problems to resolve operating difficulties and identify problems
- Carries out procedures to ensure that all systems, products and services meet organization standards and end-user requirements.
- Testing of software to ensure proper operation and freedom from defects.
Education and Experience
Associate’s degree; or a high school diploma or equivalent and two years of relevant experience. Appropriate college coursework or vocational/technical training may substitute at an equivalent rate for the required experience.
Licensure and Certification
This position does not typically include supervisory responsibility.
- Operational Functions
- Group Facilitation
- Accuracy And Attention To Detail
- Managing Multiple Priorities
- Analytical Thinking
- Business Orientation
- Problem Solving
- Application Development Tools
- Products And Services
- Core Application Systems
To see common career pathways for each position at the University of Florida please visit the Career Paths section of the UFHR website.