Human Resources Specialist I
This position provides support in the administration of a specific area of human resources including, but not limited to, employee relations, processing and records, benefits, training, and recruitment.
Examples of Work
Job functions are specific duties that would be included in the essential functions of the job description. These functions are not all-inclusive nor do they cover the full extent of the duties performed.
- Assists in the coordination of the specialized human resources programs such as recruitment, benefits, training, and employee relations.
- Approves transactions and input changes and relevant information into the university HRIS
- Develops liaison relationship with managers, department heads, and human resource representatives of assigned areas. Provides guidance and answers questions related to assigned area.
- Provides guidance and assistance to university personnel regarding human resources policies and procedures.
- Resolves routine issues and employee concerns such as medical claims, documentation requests, training enrollments, etc.
- Reviews federal and state laws, and university regulations to ensure the University’s human resources programs are effective and consistent with legal and regulatory requirements. Monitors the effectiveness of human resources policies and recommends revisions or modification to meet the needs of the university.
Education and Experience
A bachelor’s degree in an appropriate area of specialization or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Licensure and Certification
This position does not typically have supervisory responsibility.
- Performance Management
- Internal Resource Coordination
- Employee Contract Regulations Compliance
- Employee Contracts Management & Administration
- HR Policies, Standards, And Procedures
- Employee Relations
- Employee Counseling
- Human Resources Consulting
- Compensation Management
- Staffing And Recruiting
- HR Operations
- Payroll Administration
- Employment Law
To see common career pathways for each position at the University of Florida please visit the Career Paths section of the UFHR website.