Compensation Specialist I
The Compensation Specialist I plays a crucial role in implementing and administering the university’s classification and compensation system, ensuring compliance with relevant laws and regulations. This position involves analyzing position and compensation requests, providing guidance to departments, and resolving routine issues and employee concerns.
Examples of Work
- Assist in coordinating the university’s classification and compensation system.
- Review, evaluate, and approve transactions, input changes into university HRIS.
- Analyze position and compensation requests, ensuring compliance with legal and regulatory requirements.
- Evaluate job and position actions for appropriate classification and exempt/non-exempt status.
- Resolve routine issues and employee concerns.
- Provide guidance to departments and hiring specialists on classification and compensation matters.
- Prepare reports documenting compensation actions, including job analysis and evaluations.
Education and Experience
A bachelor’s degree in an appropriate area of specialization or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Licensure and Certification
Preferred certifications: SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CP), SHRM Senior Certified Professional (SHRM-SCP), HRCI Professional of Human Resources (PHR), or HRCI Senior Professional of Human Resources (SPHR).
This position does not typically have supervisory responsibilities.
- Office Support Tools
- Accuracy And Attention To Detail
- Analytical Thinking
- HR Policies, Standards, And Procedures
- Compensation Management
- Salary Planning
- Incentive Programs
- Benefits Programs
- Payroll Administration
- HRIS Operations
To see common career pathways for each position at the University of Florida please visit the Career Paths section of the UFHR website.