Compensation Specialist II
This position provides professional support in the design, implementation, and administration of the university classification and compensation system.
Examples of Work
Job functions are specific duties that would be included in the essential functions of the job description. These functions are not all-inclusive nor do they cover the full extent of the duties performed.
- Analyzes position and compensation requests, federal and state laws, and university regulations to ensure the University’s compensation programs are effective and consistent with legal and regulatory requirements.
- Evaluates job and position actions to determine appropriate university classification as well as exempt or non-exempt status in order to ensure university positions are appropriately compensated.
- Assists in the development of occupational classifications, job descriptions, and compensation practices.
- Serves as compensation consult to departments and hiring specialists by providing advice and guidance related to classification and compensation. Advises managers and employees on state and federal employment laws, collective bargaining agreements, compensation polices, and personnel procedures.
- Prepares reports to document compensation actions such as job analysis and compensation evaluations.
- Monitors the effectiveness of compensation policies and recommends revisions or modification to meet the needs of the university.
Education and Experience
A bachelor’s degree in an appropriate area of specialization and one year of appropriate experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Licensure and Certification
SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CP), SHRM Senior Certified Professional (SHRM-SCP), HRCI Professional of Human Resources (PHR), or HRCI Senior Professional of Human Resources (SPHR) preferred
This position does not typically supervise
- Office Support Tools
- Accuracy And Attention To Detail
- Analytical Thinking
- HR Policies, Standards, And Procedures
- Compensation Management
- Salary Planning
- Incentive Programs
- Benefits Programs
To see common career pathways for each position at the University of Florida please visit the Career Paths section of the UFHR website.