HR Service Center Representative
This position serves as part of the Human Resource Services (HRS) Service Center to respond to customer inquiries or concerns received via telephone, walk-in, or email in order to ensure timely customer service.
Examples of Work
Job functions are specific duties that would be included in the essential functions of the job description. These functions are not all-inclusive nor do they cover the full extent of the duties performed.
- Ensures timely responses to employee questions and inquiries about employee benefits programs and human resources policies.
- Provides employees assistance with disability, health and life benefits, paid time off, and retirement plans.
- Assist internal and external applicants by troubleshooting technical difficulties, resetting passwords, verifying applicant statuses and walk-in applicants through the application process.
- Assists visitors with the check in process, parking rules and then responding to their inquiry or aiding them in contacting the appropriate HRS department.
- Prepares appropriate documentation and processes necessary paperwork for various HR programs.
- Ensures data accuracy and maintains a high level of data integrity in HR databases.
Education and Experience
A bachelor’s degree in an appropriate area of specialization or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Licensure and Certification
This position does not typically have supervisory responsibility.
- Accuracy And Attention To Detail
- Payroll Management
- HR Policies, Standards, And Procedures
- HR Legal And Regulatory Environment
- Benefits Programs
- HR Operations
- Payroll Administration
- HRIS Operations
- Specific HR Systems Application
- Employee Assistance Programs (EAP)
To see common career pathways for each position at the University of Florida please visit the Career Paths section of the UFHR website.