Knowledge of curriculum needed for professional development, and the ability to apply this knowledge to guide individuals on requirements for learning and development needs.
Understands basic curriculum advising concepts.
Knows the importance of advising curriculum to match the instructional needs.
Knows policies, practices, and requirements to obtain needed information in curriculum.
Understands key components necessary to provide training and develop professionally.
Explains the mission, vision, and objectives of the curriculum.
Assists in advising on which curriculum will help close individuals' knowledge and competency gaps.
Applies operating policies and practices within curriculum advising.
Presents curriculum plan for individuals to senior staff and proceeds after approval.
Researches existing issues and concerns within the industry.
Analyzes individual knowledge and competency gaps and advises on curriculum accordingly.
Recommends changes to curriculum based on experience and feedback.
Demonstrates experience advising on curriculum for various levels of professional development.
Explains the regulatory requirements for professional development and the need for the curriculum.
Supports and assigns on-the-job training based on the curriculum content.
Evaluates individual performance following the curriculum lesson and recommends next steps.
Uses experience advising on various and complex curriculum content and trains others on development.
Describes best practices for curriculum advising within the industry.
Provides a comprehensive overview of the impact of effective advising on curriculum.
Evaluates strategic and tactical directions on developing new or revising current curriculum.
Coaches others on how to improve curriculum advising within the industry.
Ensures curriculum is in line with requirements for professional development within the industry.
- Tell me about a time you had to advise an individual against proceeding with a specific curriculum and how you handled this.
- Describe the most difficult questions you have faced when advising an individual regarding professional development and how you answered them.
- What would you say is your main role and responsibility when advising individuals on curriculum?
- What different techniques do you use to advise individuals?
- What resources did you use to guide you in advising on the development of others professionally?