Child Development Teacher
This position ensures that the classroom operates in a safe, healthy and developmentally appropriate manner at all times.
Examples of Work
Job functions are specific duties that would be included in the essential functions of the job description. These functions are not all-inclusive nor do they cover the full extent of the duties performed.
- Maintain a learning environment that is supportive of children’s growth and development, through appropriate lessons and activities.
- Prepares and implements weekly lesson plans that address social, emotional, physical and cognitive areas.
- Arrange classroom environment in accordance with the programs goals and philosophy.
- Maintains confidentiality.
- Communicates and supports parents to ensure the needs of children and families are met.
Education and Experience
Child Development Associate Certificate (CDA)/FCCPC or an Associate’s degree and one year of experience in an early childhood or other educational setting.
Licensure and Certification
This position does not typically have supervisory responsibility.
- Flexibility And Adaptability
- Managing Multiple Priorities
- Educational Psychology
- Child Psychology
- Lesson Planning And Delivery
- Curriculum Advising
- Planning And Organizing
- Active Learning
To see common career pathways for each position at the University of Florida please visit the Career Paths section of the UFHR website.