Knowledge of and ability to apply design principles to the development and publication of organizational information.
Describes key concepts and principles of design and color theory.
Identifies types of graphical layouts and their associated considerations.
Describes major activities associated with the design process.
Integrates organization-specific design practices and templates.
Develops and produces layouts for publishing.
Uses standard presentation software and related technologies.
Participates in training to operate computer graphics design software.
Assists in choosing layout considerations for specific types of publications.
Explains common design problems and considerations.
Works with the graphic design and development of a variety of publications.
Implements different design media, formats, graphics, and presentation tools.
Advises on the steps associated with pre-production and production of computer graphics.
Teaches Web and print design and the use of graphics on the Internet to others.
Integrates the application of design principles to different types of publications.
Evaluates cost considerations for various design alternatives.
Consults others on graphic design for a full range of business publications.
Mentors others on major design considerations and software applications for each type of publication.
Predicts industry trends on graphic design processes, techniques and solutions.
Leads in the process of establishing operations support for graphics design, development and delivery.
Designs strategies based on the cost effectiveness of specific design technologies, tools and processes.
Leads discussions on the historical and future perspectives of graphic design and the associated technologies.
- Tell me about graphic design-related projects you were involved in.
- How did you stay abreast of the most current technological trends in graphic design?
- What factors did you consider when developing the format, layout, or look of a document or design?
- What factors did you use to measure the effectiveness or efficiency of your graphic design department or function? How were these chosen?
- What kinds of graphic design techniques have you used in design projects?