Knowledge of organizational strategies and operations for promoting and publicizing products and services in the marketplace; ability to develop and implement these strategies and operations.
Explains the basic concept behind promotion.
Defines existing strategies used to promote organizational products or services.
Identifies basic promotional tools and elements of publicity strategy.
Cites the different types of promotions and the advantages of each.
Collaborates with other departments (e.g. sales) when promoting a product or service.
Participates in the development of promotional materials.
Summarizes plans for the promotion of a specific product or service.
Assists in researching local community events which create promotional opportunities.
Coordinates day-to-day activities with a public relations agency.
Coaches others on different methods or techniques of promotional campaigns.
Monitors effectiveness of promotional campaigns; recommends improvements.
Establishes a community name and presence according to the status of promotional activities.
Develops multiple promotional campaigns to attain marketing objectives.
Develops co-promotion strategies and negotiates with co-promoters.
Develops standard processes to maximize the efficiency of promotional events.
Contributes to the development and measurement of industry best practices for promotional events.
Designs the full spectrum of promotional approaches and vehicles.
Plays a leadership role in conducting promotional research studies.
Predicts the future trends of promotional events.
Leads in balancing the annual department budgets and measuring the ROI of promotional programs.
Champions the use of new techniques and channels used for promotion.
- Tell me about past promotions you have developed or administered.
- What kinds of problems did you encounter when developing a promotion for a product/service?
- What types of opportunities would you take advantage of to promote services to our clients?
- What industry trends do you recognize in the technologies and tools used in promotions?
- What kinds of problems did you encounter when coordinating marketing promotions with a public relations agency?