Service Request Management Process (TCS)
Knowledge of and ability to apply the processes, activities and tools associated with managing customer requests.
Identifies the different types of standard service requests covered by the support function.
Describes high-level flow of service requests from inception to completion.
Identifies time frames for delivering standard services.
Provides examples of clear and unclear requests.
Receives, verifies and dispatches standard service requests.
Administers the features and functions of the service request support system.
Communicates the procedures for following dispatched tasks and providing feedback to requester.
Follows established procedures for handling non-standard requests.
Generates examples of service requests which break down into multiple requests.
Receives, verifies and dispatches the full spectrum of service requests.
Directs the processes and activities for handling non-standard or unsupported service requests.
Collaborates with the design and development of service request process flow and templates.
Employs alternative methods for verifying and prioritizing service request completion.
Researches new tools and techniques for monitoring service gaps and improving effectiveness.
Designs the process and shows the associated costs for different types of requests.
Leads the process design for a service request center.
Contributes to best practices for effective service request management processes.
Predicts industry trends and monitors marketplace experiences, vendors and tools.
Leads in formalizing linkages to other processes and providers.
Compares and contrasts industry benchmarks with those of own organization.
Consults others on innovative process flow designs for providing a full spectrum of services.
- Tell me about a service request that resulted in a measureable benefit to the organization or a significant improvement to a product.
- What policies did your organization have in place for non-standard service requests?
- Tell me about the most complex service request you responded to.
- Tell me about the service request management process in your previous position.
- What kinds of tools and techniques have you used in service request management?