Call Center Agent III
Positions communicate with clients, members, or subscribers in a high-volume call center setting. Positions provide advanced call center service and act as a team leader.
Examples of Work
Job functions are specific duties that would be included in the essential functions of the job description. These functions are not all-inclusive nor do they cover the full extent of the duties performed.
• Answers incoming phone calls from clients, members, subscribers, or the public. Responds to questions directly within the scope of the position. Routes calls to the appropriate person if necessary.
• Counsels clients or other callers who are upset or have urgent concerns.
• Ensures callers have been provided all necessary paperwork and instructions.
• Solicits information necessary to respond appropriately or route caller.
• Performs look-ups or extracts records from information system or other files.
• Offers assistance to clients whenever possible.
• Educates callers about available services, products or benefits.
• Oversees service schedules. Ensures estimates and other information given to public are current.
• Shares expertise and acts as a team leader. Trains and mentors other staff.
• Makes recommendations for improvement in internal policies and procedures. Assists supervisor with staff schedule; oversees the call center when the manager is out.
• Handles client complaints.
Education and Experience
Associate’s degree and two years of relevant experience; or a high school diploma or equivalent and four years of relevant experience. Appropriate college coursework or vocational/technical training may substitute an equivalent rate for the required experience.
Licensure and Certification
This position may include supervisory responsibility.
- Service Excellence
- Customer Focus
- Accuracy And Attention To Detail
- Customer Support Policies, Standards And Procedures
- Conflict Management
- Service Request Management Process (TCS)
- Web-Based Facilities And Tools
To see common career pathways for each position at the University of Florida please visit the Career Paths section of the UFHR website.