Customer Support Policies, Standards And Procedures
Knowledge of the organization’s customer support policies, standards and procedures and ability to guide customers on all company interactions.
Explains the need to define and follow policies, standards and procedures.
Identifies key policies governing customer interactions.
Obtains documentation and information on standards and their usage.
Describes technical standards and procedures that affect the customer support position.
Interprets documentation on the policies and standards regarding contact with the customer.
Follows standards and procedures that are relevant to one's own function and initiative.
Provides feedback in order to improve standard procedures.
Contributes to the development and implementation of specific procedures.
Assesses inquiries for the need to escalate for further review or approval.
Develops quality assurance and monitoring mechanisms.
Collaborates with other functions on establishing and documenting joint standards.
Evaluates the impact of standards and policies across functional specialties.
Analyzes existing and evolving procedures for their efficiency and effectiveness.
Implements cross-functional standards and procedures.
Advises on the development of customer support policies and practices.
Evaluates public and private sector standards and examines their impact on the organization.
Leads in developing policies and standards for customer support.
Consults on the development and implementation of cross-functional standards.
Creates a system to ensure communication vehicles are in order to keep affected areas and personnel better informed.
Designs guidelines for organizational and functional adherence to standards and policies as a risk management initiative.
Determines and negotiates policies for guidelines and standards.
- How were customer support standards aligned within your company? Universally? Based on function? Based on product/service? Why do you think this was the case?
- Describe a customer support policy/procedure/standard that you think is ineffective or not necessary. How would you change this policy?
- What are five key behaviors exhibited by a customer support representative that influence a customer's satisfaction level? Which one do you think is the most "important and why?"
- What customer support policies/procedures/standards have you helped implement? Why were these important to you and the organization? How did you implement them?
- Tell me about your experience in customer support or call center functions. How did these functions evolve over time?