Customer Service Representative
Provides a range of customer service related activities in support of a unit. Interacts with customers to provide information in response to inquiries. Provides first line of support and problem resolution for selected programs and services.
Examples of Work
Job functions are specific duties that would be included in the essential functions of the job description. These functions are not all-inclusive nor do they cover the full extent of the duties performed.
- Serves as a first-line liaison for internal and external customers, including guests, clients, faculty, staff, students, vendors, and others. Communicates with customers in person, by telephone, email, fax, or postal mail.
- Responds to routine customer questions and/or needs, provides appropriate response/service for situation; refers to other department(s)/unit(s) as appropriate. Schedules meetings or appointments.
- Verifies specifics of customer’s issue or obtains all relevant information to assess validity of complaints and to determine possible causes.
- Maintains records of customer interactions or transactions, recording details of inquiries, complaints, or comments, as well as actions taken.
- Assists in coordinating the activities of outside vendors/companies in support of operations. Reports equipment malfunctions or places repair orders.
- Calculates costs of goods or services, collects deposits or payments, or arranges for billing.
- Promotes products, services, or programs. Solicits sales of new or additional services or products.
- Recommends improvements in products, packaging, shipping, service, or billing methods and procedures to prevent future problems.
- Operates various office equipment and computer systems.
- May perform other general office and administrative duties, such as filing, receiving and sorting mail.
Education and Experience
A high school diploma and one year of experience.
Licensure and Certification
This position does not typically include supervisory responsibility.
- Accuracy And Attention To Detail
- Conflict Management
- Customer Focus
- Customer Support Policies, Standards And Procedures
- Flexibility And Adaptability
- Managing Multiple Priorities
- Oral Communications
- Problem Solving
- Service Excellence
To see common career pathways for each position at the University of Florida please visit the Career Paths section of the UFHR website.