This is work performing cash transactions and preparing related documents.
Examples of Work
Job functions are specific duties that would be included in the essential functions of the job description. These functions are not all-inclusive nor do they cover the full extent of the duties performed.
- Receives and disburses cash and issues change.
- Prepares cash vouchers, receipts, deposit slips, and related documents which record cash transactions.
- Greet customers.
- Assist customers by providing information and resolving their complaints.
- Balances cash transactions.
- Operates a cash register or bookkeeping machine.
Education and Experience
A high school diploma and one year of appropriate experience. Appropriate college course work or vocational/technical training may substitute at an equivalent rate for the required experience.
Licensure and Certification
This position does not typically include supervisory responsibility.
- Service Excellence
- Customer Focus
- Interpersonal Relationships
- Flexibility And Adaptability
- Oral Communications
- Customer Support Policies, Standards And Procedures
- Effective Communications
- Problem Solving
To see common career pathways for each position at the University of Florida please visit the Career Paths section of the UFHR website.