ADA Case Manager
This position will serve as one of the University’s primary reasonable accommodation subject matter experts and is responsible for successfully managing and delivering strategy and operations related to reasonable accommodations and access, including reporting and compliance requirements, documentation review, evaluations, and assessment. This position serves as a central point of contact to coordinate and resolve related issues of reasonable accommodations in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).
Examples of Work
- Responsible for reviewing and processing the disability accommodation requests from the UF Community
- Maintains a caseload and responsible for managing the operations related to reasonable accommodations as dictated in accordance with the ADA, as amended, and other laws
- Maintain the submissions for requests and supporting documentation in the case management system
- Collaborates with university partners such as University Departments, HR, DRC, FMLA, and Workman’s Compensation
- Maintains knowledge in various policies associated with ADA, including but not limited to, leave policies, HR policies, and CDC guidelines
- Reviews and develops operational information and forms as laws and regulations change while communicating these updates to all constituents
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s degree in an appropriate area and two years of relevant experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Licensure and Certification
This position does not typically have supervisory responsibilities.
To see common career pathways for each position at the University of Florida please visit the Career Paths section of the UFHR website.