Asset Specialist I
Positions have responsibility for verifying and updating physical information on assets in property records and responding to basic inquiries. Employees should be familiar with a portion of the asset life cycle.
Examples of Work
Job functions are specific duties that would be included in the essential functions of the job description. These functions are not all-inclusive nor do they cover the full extent of the duties performed.
- Places decals on equipment verifying information in property record.
- Collects and updates inventory information on assets.
- Updates physical information of property in the University’s Property Records or other software and databases used for property management.
- Utilizes software to generate asset reports as needed.
- May transport equipment or property.
- Responds to basic inquiries.
Education and Experience
A high school diploma and one year of appropriate experience. Appropriate college coursework or vocational/technical training may substitute at an equivalent rate for the required experience.
Licensure and Certification
Some positions may require a valid driver’s license or forklift certification.
This position does not typically include supervisory responsibility.
To see common career pathways for each position at the University of Florida please visit the Career Paths section of the UFHR website.