Responsible for development and direction of one or more fiscal and accounting functions of a university. Reports to the Controller or an Associate Controller. May function for the Controller or Associate Controller in his/her absence, as required.
Examples of Work
Job functions are specific duties that would be included in the essential functions of the job description. These functions are not all-inclusive nor do they cover the full extent of the duties performed.
- Develops and recommends policies relating to assigned areas of responsibility. Coordinates the development, implementation, and interpretation of operating procedures.
- Assists in insuring that the goals and objectives for the department and the university are communicated and achieved.
- Recommends operating budgetary needs for assigned areas of responsibility.
- Responsible for liaison activities among functional area(s) and other departments.
- May serve on university committees.
- Coordinates the completion of studies and the preparation of reports.
Education and Experience
Master’s degree in an appropriate area of specialization and two years of appropriate experience; or a bachelor’s degree in an appropriate area of specialization and four years of appropriate experience.
Licensure and Certification
For some positions assigned to this class special qualifications may be added to the minimum, such as possession of a State of Florida CPA certificate.
This position does have supervisory responsibility.
To see common career pathways for each position at the University of Florida please visit the Career Paths section of the UFHR website.