Assists in the direction of fiscal and accounting functions of a university. Reports to the Controller or higher level authority. Functions as the Controller in his/her absence, as required.
Examples of Work
Job functions are specific duties that would be included in the essential functions of the job description. These functions are not all-inclusive nor do they cover the full extent of the duties performed.
- Assists in insuring that goals and objectives for the department and the university are communicated and achieved.
- Assists in the administration and interpretation of laws, regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Assists in the planning and finalizing of studies and reports.
- Represents the department on university or state committees.
- Assists in the preparation and administration of the annual operating budget.
Education and Experience
Master’s degree in an appropriate area of specialization and four years of appropriate experience; or a bachelor’s degree in an appropriate area of specialization and six years of appropriate experience.
Licensure and Certification
For some positions assigned to this class special qualifications may be added to the minimum, such as possession of a State of Florida CPA certificate.
This position supervises personnel in assigned area.
To see common career pathways for each position at the University of Florida please visit the Career Paths section of the UFHR website.