Facilities Information Management Coordinator
Responsible for the ongoing management of the University’s Building Information Models and Computer Aided Design floor plans used in the space management system. Participates in the development of BIM models for new construction predesign and the execution of BIM coordination during construction and renovation of UF facilities.
Examples of Work
Job functions are specific duties that would be included in the essential functions of the job description. These functions are not all-inclusive nor do they cover the full extent of the duties performed.
- Develops, modifies, and maintains Building Information Models (BIM) of conceptual, new, and existing UF facilities.
- Develops BIM based design studies, graphic presentations, including color renderings, illustrations, and 3-dimensional depictions related to future concepts and project designs for presentation to user/clients and to UF Committee, and other groups as needed.
- Performs conversions of existing 2D Computer Aided Drafting (CAD) drawings into BIM models for use in space management, pre-planning/facility programming, and construction/renovation projects; assists with coordination of OPS student, part-time, and consultant employees involved in BIM conversions.
- Collaborates with PDC project managers to coordinate UF room numbering, area designations, and validate SUS space naming standards in consultant BIM models. Assist’s with jobsite attendance at construction projects BIM execution meetings, and delivery of project closeout materials per contractual requirements; performs internal design for UF minor projects utilizing BIM technology and assist with training of PDC project managers in the use of BIM tools and techniques.
- Responsible for incorporation of completed project drawings into BIM or CAD and preparation/attachment of new construction Revit models to UF-STARS for space management and facility information data capture.
- Coordinates with Space Coordinator position to maintain space inventory in UF-STARS based on surveys, project updates and client contact.
- Maintains map level data in Geographical Information System (GIS) data base format to support the public map deployments, the Campus Master Plan and other requirements.
Education and Experience
Master’s degree in an appropriate area of specialization; or a bachelor’s degree in an appropriate area of specialization and two years of appropriate experience.
Licensure and Certification
This position does not typically have supervisory responsibility.
To see common career pathways for each position at the University of Florida please visit the Career Paths section of the UFHR website.