Business Intelligence Analyst
Positions are responsible for tasks related to unit or University business intelligence, such as conducting data queries, overseeing data collection and management, ensuring integrity of databases, and performing complex data analyses.
Examples of Work
Job functions are specific duties that would be included in the essential functions of the job description. These functions are not all-inclusive nor do they cover the full extent of the duties performed.
- Develops methods for identifying data patterns and trends in available information sources and synthesizes/analyzes data to support recommendations.
- Collects business intelligence data from available industry reports, public information, field or unit reports, or purchased sources.
- Codes and analyzes data, often using mathematical, statistical, or business process tools.
- Identifies and analyzes industry or geographic trends with business strategy implications.
- Generates reports summarizing business, financial, or economic data for review and use by executives, managers, clients, and other stakeholders.
- Conducts tests on data systems and audits data to ensure quality and timeliness.
- Recommends best practices and implements processes to ensure data integrity and usability.
- Identifies or monitors current and potential customers/clients, using business intelligence tools.
- Creates, maintains or updates business intelligence tools, databases, dashboards, systems, or methods.
- Translates information and trains users regarding data, tools, reports, or metadata enhancements.
- Communicates with customers, competitors, suppliers, professional organizations, or others.
- Ensures compliance relating to disclosure laws, regulations and other requirements.
Education and Experience
A bachelor’s degree in an appropriate area of specialization and three years of appropriate experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Licensure and Certification
This position does not typically include supervisory responsibility.
To see common career pathways for each position at the University of Florida please visit the Career Paths section of the UFHR website.