Business Relationship Manager III
This is a senior professional level role, working at a strategic level, responsible for establishing, managing and maintaining relationships with customers in one or more service areas, accountable for ensuring that the design and integration of proposed system, software and hardware solution leads to the development and growth of the business through effective use of technology.
Examples of Work
Job functions are specific duties that would be included in the essential functions of the job description. These functions are not all-inclusive nor do they cover the full extent of the duties performed.
- Regularly meets with customers in assigned service areas.
- Assists in determining and documenting client business requirements.
- Drafts options and identifies potential technological solutions.
- Provides support during initial assessment of client requests.
- Performs cost/benefit analysis and review of project feasibility.
- May assist in prioritizing IT service requests.
- Interacts with clients to reduce the possibility of potential difficulties and resolves problems.
- Keeps clients consistently informed of a project’s status.
- Discusses any significant client issues with his/her supervisor.
- Utilizes research and client contact to develop technological solutions that are suited to the current and future needs of business partners.
- Identifies the emerging trends in IT solutions in order to better align the needs of business partners with IT products and services.
- Actively seeks new opportunities and develops strategies to market business solutions.
Education and Experience
A bachelor’s degree and five years of appropriate experience. Appropriate college coursework may substitute at an equivalent rate for the required experience.
Licensure and Certification
This position may include supervisory responsibility.
- Capacity Planning & Management
- Coaching Others
- Customer Service Management
- IT Service Level Agreements
- IT Service Management (ITSM)
- Products And Services
- Risk Management
- Service Excellence
- Service Oriented Architecture (SOA)
- Web Services
To see common career pathways for each position at the University of Florida please visit the Career Paths section of the UFHR website.