Call Center Supervisor
Positions provide leadership, expert guidance, supervision and oversight for a call center.
Examples of Work
Job functions are specific duties that would be included in the essential functions of the job description. These functions are not all-inclusive nor do they cover the full extent of the duties performed.
• Is responsible for interviewing, hiring, orientation, training, evaluation and general supervision of the call center. Provides employee counseling, develops work plans and performs disciplinary actions when necessary. Shares expertise and acts as a supervisor. Instructs as needed regarding scheduling, reporting, and communication. Must be subject matter expert and be able to perform the duties of all positions supervised.
• Responsible for investigating errors or issues that may arise. Investigates customer complaints.
• Recommends operational changes and facilitates policy and procedures changes as needed.
• Furnishes input for budget planning.
• Answers incoming phone calls from clients, members, subscribers, or the public. Responds to questions directly within the scope of the position. Routes calls to the appropriate person if necessary.
• Ensures callers have been provided all necessary paperwork and instructions.
• Solicits information necessary to respond appropriately or route caller.
• Performs look-ups or extracts records from information system or other files.
• Offers assistance to clients whenever possible.
• Educates callers about available services, products or benefits.
Education and Experience
Associate’s degree and four years of relevant experience; or a high school diploma or equivalent and six years of relevant experience. Appropriate college coursework or vocational/technical training may substitute an equivalent rate for the required experience.
Licensure and Certification
This position does include supervisory responsibility.
To see common career pathways for each position at the University of Florida please visit the Career Paths section of the UFHR website.