Conducts complex field inspections to ensure construction projects are completed in compliance with plans, construction processes, good trade practices, and in compliance with University Design and Construction Standards.
Examples of Work
Job functions are specific duties that would be included in the essential functions of the job description. These functions are not all-inclusive nor do they cover the full extent of the duties performed.
- Performs random inspections and quality assurance activities such as: design reviews, site inspections, testing and monitoring for compliance with specifications for construction of all roofing, exterior envelope, in building civil and plumbing requirements of the contract and design; and review of technical documents, test plans and reports, submissions for completeness, technical adequacy, and compliance with construction contract requirements and applicable regulations.
- Inspects the use of materials, and workmanship of all new construction and renovation projects, including buildings, facilities, site development, and utility systems.
- Reports non-conforming conditions and confer with contractors to resolve issues pertaining to project schedules, hazardous job conditions, and methods of construction. Participates in pre-bid functions, construction kick-offs, and construction review meetings as required.
- Responsible for construction project related communications/data.
- Participates in the maintenance, review and updates of the Facilities Services Construction Standards, as needed. Reviews the Design and Construction Standards with Facilities Services supervisors and trade staff.
Education and Experience
Certification in one or more construction disciplines and five (5) years of field related experience in building or utility construction work, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Licensure and Certification
This position does not typically include supervisory responsibility.
To see common career pathways for each position at the University of Florida please visit the Career Paths section of the UFHR website.