Contract Administration Assistant
Assist a Senior Contract Administrator with financial audits, internal audits, internal control reviews, investigations and other projects as they relate to UF Facilities Planning & Construction major and minor construction projects.
Examples of Work
Job functions are specific duties that would be included in the essential functions of the job description. These functions are not all-inclusive nor do they cover the full extent of the duties performed.
- Researches fiscal and accounting administrative rules and policies of the University of Florida associated with the fiscal and accounting administration of University construction projects.
- Assists in collecting and analyzing data for fiscal statements and project reports.
- Assists in the auditing functions as related to UF construction projects and serves as liaison with UF Internal Auditors Office and State Auditor’s Office.
- Assists with balancing operations on accounting activities for all UF major projects through on-site reviews of construction management firms, design professional offices, and review of current budgets, fee schedules and control documents.
- Assists in reviewing construction managers’ and architects’ submissions and project budgets.
- Assists in preparing audit reports to management and principals and assists with follow-up reviews throughout the duration of the project.
- Assists with the preparation of the Capital Outlay Implementation Plan (COIP) document for submission to the Division of Colleges and Universities in the Department of Education.
- Assists in the reconciliation of the accounting for projects to the balances and transactions on the University’s accounting system.
- Assists with the preparation of requisitions for purchase on major projects.
Education and Experience
High school diploma or equivalent and four years of relevant experience. College coursework or vocational/technical training may substitute an equivalent rate for the required experience.
Licensure and Certification
This position does not typically include supervisory responsibility.
To see common career pathways for each position at the University of Florida please visit the Career Paths section of the UFHR website.