Contract Administrator I
Responsible for monitoring fiscal status of major and minor projects including contracts, purchase orders, and vendor payments. Review architect/engineer, construction manager, and design/build reimbursement policies and purchasing contracts for consistency with established UF guidelines, and allowable UF statutory policies and procedures for major and minor projects. Assist in the development and maintaining of construction cost data systems and other methods utilized by Facilities Planning & Construction for construction budgeting and cost estimating.
Examples of Work
Job functions are specific duties that would be included in the essential functions of the job description. These functions are not all-inclusive nor do they cover the full extent of the duties performed.
- Participates with Assistant VP and contract negotiation team in fee negotiations with, principals of professional firms, construction managers, design/build firms, and project managers.
- Monitors fiscal status for each major project which includes but is not limited to: assuring that the Commitments (Contracts & PO’s) and Expenditures do not exceed the Project Budget, assuring that the Payments on Contracts or PO’s do not exceed the Contract or PO’s amended amount, assuring adequate release of funds for each project, reconciling the accounting for each project to the balances and transactions on the University’s accounting
- Assists Project Managers with Direct Purchase contracts, requisitions, PO’s, and payments.
- Interprets administrative and fiscal rules and policies, and recommends improvements to administrative and fiscal procedures.
- Prepares and updates the Project Funding Memo (PFM) document for major projects (>$1 million) for internal construction accounting.
- Assists project managers with review of selection proposals in verification of insurance and professional licensure requirements
- Conducts on-site Labor Burden verification and audit of construction managers staffing, payroll, and other pertinent records.
- Assists in the development and maintaining of construction cost data systems and other methods utilized by the Division for construction budgeting and cost estimating.
- Responsible for management of special building program schedules contracts, requisitions, PO’s, and payments working with the applicable Program Director and the Project Managers.
Education and Experience
Masters’ degree in building construction, accounting, architecture, or engineering; or a bachelor’s degree in building construction, accounting, architecture, or engineering and two years of appropriate experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Licensure and Certification
This position does not typically include supervisory responsibility.
To see common career pathways for each position at the University of Florida please visit the Career Paths section of the UFHR website.