Contract Administrator II
Responsible to the Associate Director, Facilities Planning & Construction and works closely with the Director in the performance of operational and financial audits, internal audits, internal control reviews, investigations and other projects as they relate to UF Facilities Planning & Construction major and minor construction projects.
Examples of Work
Job functions are specific duties that would be included in the essential functions of the job description. These functions are not all-inclusive nor do they cover the full extent of the duties performed.
- Interprets fiscal and accounting administrative rules and policies of the University of Florida and for recommending new and improved programs to effectively manage fiscal and accounting administration together with the Facility Center and PeopleSoft programs.
- Designs, develops and conducts special studies in the assigned areas of fiscal and accounting.: collects and analyzes data as appropriate and prepares fiscal statements and project reports
- Responsible for the auditing functions as related to UF major construction projects and Health Science Center minor projects and for formulating and recommending policies and procedures to effectively administer these programs; works closely with UF Internal Auditors Office and State Auditor’s Office.
- Maintains controls and performs balancing operations on accounting activities for all UF major projects through on-site reviews of construction management firms, design professional offices, and review of current budgets, fee schedules and control documents.
- Audits construction managers’ and architects’ submissions and project budgets to assure accounting is correct. Implements procedures necessary for the completion of audit projects and prepares audit work papers.
- Conveys internal audit results to management and principals through written reports and conferences, and performs written follow-up reviews throughout the duration of the project.
- Prepares the Capital Outlay Implementation Plan (COIP) document for major projects (>$1 million) for submission to the Division of Colleges and Universities in the Department of Education.
- Monitors fiscal status for various major projects.
- Assures that the Commitments (Contracts & PO’s) and Expenditures do not exceed the Project Budget (current (COIP); assures that the Payments on Contracts or PO’s do not exceed the Contract or PO’s amended amount; assures adequate release of funds for each project.
- Reconciles the accounting for each project to the balances and transactions on the University’s accounting system.
- Prepares requisitions for purchase on major projects.
- Assists Director in submitting and monitoring projects in Historical locations through the Department of Historical Resources.
Education and Experience
Master’s degree in an appropriate area of specialization; or a bachelor’s degree in an appropriate area of specialization and two years of appropriate experience.
Licensure and Certification
This position does not typically include supervisory responsibility.
To see common career pathways for each position at the University of Florida please visit the Career Paths section of the UFHR website.