Director, Social Media Lab
The Director of Social Media Lab is a key member of the senior management team and is responsible for leading the college’s social media listening and operations program by creating and maintaining unique social media strategies. Serves as strategist, content creator, leader, and manager of the full range of diverse Media Lab communications–both internal and external. Responsible for implementing key metrics and reporting for Media Lab Communications. Shares the Lab’s unique vision, legacy, and transdisciplinary research approach in an easily understood and compelling way that highlights the Lab’s distinctive syntheses of art, diversity, design, media, and science. Integrate digital, social, and print communications with its visual identity to maximize global impact. Collaborate closely with the Dean, Directors, faculty, staff, and students to direct and publicize a wide range of research, events, performances, exhibitions, and initiatives.
Examples of Work
- Works with leadership and stakeholders on conceptualization and research to advance college initiatives
- Participate in strategic planning for the Lab implementation for use by faculty and students
- Incorporate emerging technologies and trends, provide comprehensive metrics and analysis, and ensure that the Lab maximizes its use of available channels
- Continuously learn about the newest research in areas of Artificial Intelligence and other innovative initiatives to the Lab to best articulate and position the Lab’s contributions in the context of larger societal issues.
- Supervises and oversees the lab staff and work with key stakeholders to ensure that the Lab’s messaging and data collections reaches important constituencies, including the public, press, member companies, donors and prospects, alumni, the internal Lab community, and a global audience.
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s degree in an appropriate area and seven years of relevant experience.
Licensure and Certification
This position does have supervisory responsibility.
To see common career pathways for each position at the University of Florida please visit the Career Paths section of the UFHR website.