The Director, Compliance is a leadership position with oversight and management of multiple university-wide compliance programs. The Director will supervise compliance analysts, and Assistant and Associate Director(s), Compliance. The Director is the senior university official for one or more compliance programs and is responsible for advising senior university leadership on a variety of issues within their area of responsibility.
Examples of Work
- Provides oversight and management of multiple university-wide compliance programs
- Administers and oversees several compliance programs, serving as a university resource for those programs
- Review regulatory updates and advise university cabinet and trustees with updates regarding national trends, and propose for implementation of new compliance initiatives
- Perform annual compliance assessments and provide findings to Chief Compliance Officer and monitoring bodies as appropriate
- Serve as university point of contact with external regulators for compliance matters
- Provides administrative oversight, strategic planning, and personnel and budgetary management for the department
- Maintains a high degree of confidentiality/privacy
Education and Experience
Master’s degree in an appropriate area and at least six years of experience in appropriate area; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Licensure and Certification
This position does include supervisory responsibility.
To see common career pathways for each position at the University of Florida please visit the Career Paths section of the UFHR website.