Facilities Operations Specialist
Responsible for the direction, coordination, and administration of the assigned facility including, but not limited to, administrative information/data processing, physical plant maintenance, security, communications, property and space accountability, and emergency operations.
Examples of Work
Job functions are specific duties that would be included in the essential functions of the job description. These functions are not all-inclusive nor do they cover the full extent of the duties performed.
- Oversees and manages facility operations, services, security, systems monitoring, equipment maintenance, etc.
- Responds to system notifications and alarms taking appropriate actions to resolve issues.
- Works closely with facility occupants to insure it is properly maintained and facility assets are appropriately provided and assigned.
- Develops and implements policies concerning common area space, building/facility storage, signage, and vendor machines/units.
- Works closely with Environmental Health & Safety to ensure compliance with federal, state, and university regulations.
- Manages on-site security control systems and establishes policies and procedures to maintain facility security.
- Coordinates vendor and postal deliveries.
- Acts as Building Emergency Coordinator and develops plans for preparedness, pre- and post-disaster, and continuity of business operations.
- Responsible for all key requisitions and accountability control policies.
- Manages sustainability efforts of building/facility.
Education and Experience
Master’s degree in an appropriate area of specialization; or a bachelor’s degree in an appropriate area of specialization and two years of appropriate experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Licensure and Certification
For some positions assigned to this class, special qualifications may be added to the minimum, such as appropriate professional registration or certification.
May supervise and/or coordinate the work of others
To see common career pathways for each position at the University of Florida please visit the Career Paths section of the UFHR website.