Harn Museum Registrar I
Under general direction, organize, manage, and assist with the museum’s art collections and exhibitions.
Examples of Work
Job functions are specific duties that would be included in the essential functions of the job description. These functions are not all-inclusive nor do they cover the full extent of the duties performed.
- Assists with processing new acquisitions, includes database entry, condition reporting, and in-house photography.
- Assists with changing exhibitions as needed; includes preparing gallery space, overseeing packing/unpacking and movement, and composing condition reports.
- Assists with care and maintenance of permanent collection.
- Maintains record of storage, exhibit, and loan locations of all objects in collection, includes updating any changes into database(s) on a weekly basis.
- Coordinates with preparators to locate and pull objects from storage; returns objects to storage after work is complete.
- Supervises interns and volunteers, as needed.
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s degree in an appropriate specialization; and one (1) year of museum, gallery, or fine arts experience.
Licensure and Certification
This position may have supervisory responsibility.
To see common career pathways for each position at the University of Florida please visit the Career Paths section of the UFHR website.