HVAC Mechanic – Entry
Install, repair, replace, and preventively maintain heating, ventilation, and air-conditioning (HVAC) equipment; refrigeration equipment; and cold rooms. Provide support services to other trades. Begin and complete the HVAC core curriculum through the National Center for Construction Education and Research (NCCER).
Examples of Work
Job functions are specific duties that would be included in the essential functions of the job description. These functions are not all-inclusive nor do they cover the full extent of the duties performed.
- Install, repair, replace, and preventatively maintain HVAC equipment, refrigeration equipment, and cold rooms
- Provide support services to other trades (as required) for timely and efficient repair of buildings and/or equipment
- Begin and complete hands-on training and the NCCER core curriculum, demonstrating competency therein
- Clean and maintain shop; clean and maintain personal equipment
- Perform other duties (as assigned by supervisor)
Education and Experience
High school diploma
Licensure and Certification
Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) Refrigerant Recovery Type 2 certification within six (6) months of hire
This position does not typically include supervisory responsibility
To see common career pathways for each position at the University of Florida please visit the Career Paths section of the UFHR website.