Provides maintenance and support on irrigation systems and equipment. Troubleshoots, repairs, and performs preventive maintenance on irrigation systems and equipment.
Examples of Work
Job functions are specific duties that would be included in the essential functions of the job description. These functions are not all-inclusive nor do they cover the full extent of the duties performed.
- Inspects and repairs irrigation systems which including but not limited to valves, rotors, sprinklers, backflow, and valve boxes
- Checks and cleans various pipes and equipment related to irrigations systems including but not limited to valves, sprinkler heads, and pipes
- Installs pipes, valves, and related equipment which may include the use of plumbing hand and power tools
- Performs field tests on irrigations systems to determine efficiency and completes audits as required
- Establishes and modifies irrigation control system schedules such as watering times, frequency and duration
Education and Experience
A high school diploma or equivalent required and two years of appropriate experience
Licensure and Certification
Florida Class E Operator (driver) license
This position does not typically include supervisory responsibility.
To see common career pathways for each position at the University of Florida please visit the Career Paths section of the UFHR website.