Library Assistant II
This is the second level of a six-level series. Performs basic tasks in acquiring, organizing, preserving or interpreting information resources that support a narrow range of library, archives or records processes.
Examples of Work
Job functions are specific duties that would be included in the essential functions of the job description. These functions are not all-inclusive nor do they cover the full extent of the duties performed.
- Responsibilities are of limited complexity and performed within a defined, structured, prescribed set of parameters.
- Employees at this level exercise some discretion in selecting alternative work methods or in rendering independent judgments – within a limited range of choices.
- Analysis of data by generally established routines. Performance of tasks from general instructions.
- General knowledge and limited application of standard or specialized library systems.
- Knowledge of a body of standardized rules, procedures or operations requiring significant training and/or experience to perform the full range of standard assignments and resolve recurring problems. Or, skill, acquired through significant training and experience, to operate varied equipment.
- May hire, train, and/or supervise OPS and student staff, Library Assistant I staff.
- Contact may be within the unit/department or within defined other Library departments, as well as with a diverse patron population, to provide information, explain services, policies or procedures, and to receive information necessary to complete work assignments. Questions that require interpretation or are not easily resolved might require referral to a Supervisor.
Education and Experience
High school diploma or equivalent and two years of library or related clerical/customer service experience; or a bachelor’s degree.
Licensure and Certification
This position does not typically have supervisory responsibility.
To see common career pathways for each position at the University of Florida please visit the Career Paths section of the UFHR website.