This is work coordinating a maintenance program for an assigned facility.
Examples of Work
Job functions are specific duties that would be included in the essential functions of the job description. These functions are not all-inclusive nor do they cover the full extent of the duties performed.
- Establishes and conducts a preventive maintenance program for buildings and equipment
- Prepares purchase requests and maintains tool inventories
- Maintains electrical and mechanical equipment; metal, brick or frame buildings; and plumbing
- Obtains proposals from private repair vendors for projects
- Develops procedures and training for assigned staff
Education and Experience
Completion of an approved apprenticeship program for multiple trades and one year of appropriate experience; or a high school diploma and five years of appropriate experience. Appropriate vocational/technical training may substitute at an equivalent rate for the required experience.
Licensure and Certification
This position does not typically include supervisory responsibility.
To see common career pathways for each position at the University of Florida please visit the Career Paths section of the UFHR website.