Museum Operations Coordinator III
Manage one or more museum operations and for formulating and recommending policies and procedures to effectively administer such operation. Interpret museum operation administrative regulations and policies and for recommending new and improved programs to effectively manage museum operations.
Examples of Work
Job functions are specific duties that would be included in the essential functions of the job description. These functions are not all-inclusive nor do they cover the full extent of the duties performed.
- Assists university administrators and inter-institutional groups in resolving specific museum operating problems and in disseminating information in regard to university regulations, policies, and contracts.
- Designs, develops, and conducts special studies in the assigned area of museum operations. Collects and analyzes data as appropriate.
- Coordinates activities related to the restoration and preservation of objects in the collections, and the organization of lectures and tours.
- Serves as liaison with university departments and with groups external to the university.
- May coordinate the exhibition of student and faculty materials.
- May provide supervision to student interns, as appropriate.
Education and Experience
Master’s degree in an appropriate area of specialization; or a bachelor’s degree in an appropriate area of specialization and two (2) years of appropriate experience.
Licensure and Certification
This position may have supervisory responsibility.
To see common career pathways for each position at the University of Florida please visit the Career Paths section of the UFHR website.