Museum Operations Specialist
Coordinate one or more functions within a museum.
Examples of Work
Job functions are specific duties that would be included in the essential functions of the job description. These functions are not all-inclusive nor do they cover the full extent of the duties performed.
- Serves as liaison between the museum and university departments, other state agencies, and outside organizations.
- Organizes and directs the design, construction, and fabrication of a variety of specialized museum collections.
- Prepares brochures, pamphlets, and booklets describing museum activities, objects, and/or collections.
- Develops and maintains curatorial records and data retrieval systems.
- Organizes and coordinates museum oriented interpretive educational programs.
- Insures proper storage and handling of collections.
Education and Experience
High school diploma and five (5) years of appropriate experience. Appropriate college course work may substitute at an equivalent rate for the required experience.
Licensure and Certification
This position may have supervisory responsibility.
To see common career pathways for each position at the University of Florida please visit the Career Paths section of the UFHR website.