Provide impartial and confidential consultation to members of the college/university community who are aggrieved or concerned about an issue. Reports to the Provost, this position is responsible for assisting students in resolving problems and conflicts that arise in the course of interacting with the institution.
Examples of Work
Job functions are specific duties that would be included in the essential functions of the job description. These functions are not all-inclusive nor do they cover the full extent of the duties performed.
- Responsible for formulating and recommending policies and procedures to effectively administer the program
- Responsible for interpreting policies and procedures and for recommending new and improved existing programs
- Provide impartial and confidential consultation to members of the college/university community who are aggrieved or concerned about an issue
- Consult with administration to develop cooperative strategies for complaint resolution
- Serves as liaison between students and appropriate program areas, departments, colleges, organizations or administration
- Review periodically the patterns of grievances. Make appropriate recommendations for policies or practices that would reduce or eliminate recurring grievances
- Serves on committees, councils, boards, or study groups as ombudsman
Education and Experience
Master’s degree in an appropriate area of specialization; or a bachelor’s degree in an appropriate area of specialization and two years of appropriate experience.
Licensure and Certification
This position may have supervisory responsibility.
To see common career pathways for each position at the University of Florida please visit the Career Paths section of the UFHR website.