Performs and/or assists with a variety of administrative tasks in support of the operations function. This position assists with tasks related to operational responsibilities including property control, facilities management, finance, human resources, and other services essential to the operation of a college, division, office, or unit.
Examples of Work
Job functions are specific duties that would be included in the essential functions of the job description. These functions are not all-inclusive nor do they cover the full extent of the duties performed.
- Assist with tasks related to multiple operational functions including facility operations, property control, purchasing, security, finance, and human resources.
- Assists with managing physical operations in the division. Serves as liaison with Facilities Services for facility management issues. Relocates staff and equipment during renovations and special events.
- Resolves issues related to facility management, information technology, document processing, courier requests, travel, stock, and asset management.
- May provide input or data to assist in the establishment of operational goals and objectives.
- Assist with preparing financial data and financial reports as assigned by supervisor.
- Complete assigned support tasks aimed at solving routine to moderately complex issues related to the operations of a college, division, or unit.
- Handles moderately complex issues. Refer unresolved or complex issues to supervisors or senior staff.
- Receives and logs records, files, or paperwork, verifying completeness and accuracy. Inputs data, compiles information, and distributes or processes files to completion.
- Answers questions, retrieves information, or generates reports for management as needed.
Education and Experience
A high school diploma or equivalent and five years of appropriate experience. Appropriate college course work or vocational/technical training may substitute at an equivalent rate for the required experience.
Licensure and Certification
Performs work under general supervision.
To see common career pathways for each position at the University of Florida please visit the Career Paths section of the UFHR website.