Performs a variety of operational functions. Responsible for recurring or daily functions or processes that are necessary for business execution. This position coordinates tasks related to operational responsibilities including property control, facilities management, finance, human resources, and other services essential to the operation of a college, division, office, or unit. Reports to Operations Manager or other appropriate administrator.
Examples of Work
Job functions are specific duties that would be included in the essential functions of the job description. These functions are not all-inclusive nor do they cover the full extent of the duties performed.
- Completes, coordinate, or monitor organizational functions or processes, ensuring that they are completed accurately, on time, and in compliance with established policies and regulations
- Tracks processes, preparing reports for management detailing quality or quality of departmental actions. Implements procedural changes meant to improve performance or efficiency
- Coordinates tasks related to multiple operational functions including facility operations, property control, purchasing, security, finance, and human resources.
- Serves as liaison with Facilities Services for facility management issues. Relocates staff and equipment during renovations and special events.
- Resolves issues related to facility management, information technology, document processing, courier requests, travel, stock, and asset management.
- Provide input or data in the establishment of operational goals and objectives.
- Prepare financial data and financial reports.
- Handles moderately complex issues related to the operations of a college, division, or unit. Refer unresolved or complex issues to supervisors or senior staff.
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s degree in an appropriate area and two years of relevant experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Licensure and Certification
Performs work under general supervision. May serve as a team lead.
To see common career pathways for each position at the University of Florida please visit the Career Paths section of the UFHR website.