This position assists students, staff, faculty and the general public by phone, email, and in person by answering questions regarding the application process for U.S. Passports.
Examples of Work
Job functions are specific duties that would be included in the essential functions of the job description. These functions are not all-inclusive nor do they cover the full extent of the duties performed.
- Schedule appointments, process passport applications, take passport photos, lock applications, and mail submitted applications on a daily basis.
- Keep forms stocked and up to date.
- Prepare reports of activities, evaluations, recommendations, or decisions.
- Acquire and maintain knowledge of USPS rules and regulations.
- Answer phone calls, take messages and greet customers.
- Assist the manager with various assignments related to the completion of document services work orders.
- Process invoices for departments, and work with vendors to correct any problems that arise.
- This position will be responsible for copying, folding, binding, collating, inserting, and padding and trimming.
- Attend annual training to stay abreast of state and federal guidelines.
Education and Experience
A high school diploma or equivalent and one year of appropriate experience. Appropriate college coursework or vocational/technical training may substitute at an equivalent rate for the required experience.
Licensure and Certification
This position does not typically include supervisory responsibility.
To see common career pathways for each position at the University of Florida please visit the Career Paths section of the UFHR website.