Print Shop Assistant
This position is responsible for the set up and operation of printing equipment and/or related peripherals.
Examples of Work
Job functions are specific duties that would be included in the essential functions of the job description. These functions are not all-inclusive nor do they cover the full extent of the duties performed.
- Loads paper, unloads finished stock, and cuts paper to exact dimensions before and after printing.
- Mixes ink, inks press.
- Cleans press and other equipment.
- Feeds covers, signatures, and sheets into various machines for stitching, folding, ruling, roughing, indexing, and gluing operations.
- Collates, wraps, and seals stock.
- Installs plates and blankets on plate cylinder.
- Operates walk up copiers in copy center and keeps machines running with supplies and paper.
- Hand sews books, applies spine tape, and repairs books.
Education and Experience
Completion of the ninth grade.
Licensure and Certification
This position does not typically include supervisory responsibility.
To see common career pathways for each position at the University of Florida please visit the Career Paths section of the UFHR website.