Print Shop Manager
This position is responsible for managing the operation of a University print shop.
Examples of Work
Job functions are specific duties that would be included in the essential functions of the job description. These functions are not all-inclusive nor do they cover the full extent of the duties performed.
- Develops and implements operating policies and procedures.
- Reviews requests for printing and composition and makes recommendations on the most economical and efficient method to get the desired results.
- Establishes printing standards, specifications, and management control.
- Administers university copy machine contracts, works with departments on final selection of copiers, and approves purchase requisitions for copiers.
- Develops and monitors annual operating budget.
- Conducts marketing and public relations activities to promote printing services.
- Monitor supplier to ensure that the efficiently and effectively provide needed goods or services within budgetary limits.
- Direct administrative activities directly related to making products or providing services.
- Direct and coordinate activities of departments concerned with the production, pricing, sales, or distribution of products.
Education and Experience
A high school diploma and five years of appropriate experience. Appropriate college coursework or vocational/technical training may substitute at an equivalent rate for the required experience.
Licensure and Certification
This position does include supervisory responsibility.
To see common career pathways for each position at the University of Florida please visit the Career Paths section of the UFHR website.