Program Director, Student Affairs
This position is responsible for the planning, administration, and management of one or more student affairs programs or projects including but not limited to academic, educational, recreational, cultural, residential, social, or other programs. Responsible for the design and development of programs goals, objectives, policies, and procedures. Coordinates program activities in a manner consistent with University, state, and federal regulations. This position may or may not involve the supervision of staff.
Examples of Work
Job functions are specific duties that would be included in the essential functions of the job description. These functions are not all-inclusive nor do they cover the full extent of the duties performed.
- Responsible for management of one or more student affairs programs and for formulating and recommending policies and procedures to effective administer such programs.
- Executes program plan which includes assessing program needs, setting goals, and objectives. Has authority to make adjustments to execution plan.
- Develops and implements plans for outreach efforts. Develop and maintain external community and university liaison and represents the department and university at meetings and events.
- Responsible for interpreting university policies and administrative regulations. Provides guidance and direction to faculty, staff, and students on program policies and procedures.
- Coordinates program activities in a manner consistent with established program guidelines, university regulations and applicable state and federal laws.
- Serves as a liaison between program participants, faculty, and staff, alumni, and the surrounding community by handling questions, interpreting and administering policies/procedures, and resolving program related problems.
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s degree in an appropriate area and two years of relevant experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Licensure and Certification
This position may include supervisory responsibility.
To see common career pathways for each position at the University of Florida please visit the Career Paths section of the UFHR website.