Recreational Sports Coordinator I
Coordinate and manage the comprehensive intramural sports and sport club programs for the Department of Recreational Sports (RecSports)
Examples of Work
Job functions are specific duties that would be included in the essential functions of the job description. These functions are not all-inclusive nor do they cover the full extent of the duties performed.
- Oversee hiring, training, scheduling, supervising, coaching and evaluation of intramural sports scorekeepers, supervisors and officials; approximately 200 student employees
- Program, design, and coordinate intramural sports and sport club activities after 5:00 PM and on weekends; includes management of 6 basketball courts, 3 softball fields and 10 multipurpose activity fields
- Oversee sport clubs, participate in Sport Club Council and Sport Club Leadership seminars
- Maintain intramural website, formulate policies, update rules and training manuals
- Provide feedback to supervisor regarding the safety and/or condition of programs, equipment and facilities; conduct daily observations and/or use said equipment and facilities; immediately document and address all safety concerns; and operate a state vehicle as needed
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s degree in an appropriate area of specialization.
Licensure and Certification
This position does include supervisory responsibility.
To see common career pathways for each position at the University of Florida please visit the Career Paths section of the UFHR website.