Responsible for surveying existing conditions to validate/update facility data, floorplans and utilization. Develop space planning scenarios to support the enhancement of space utilization, repurposing of space and expected faculty/staff changes as outlined by UF administration. Participates in the development of supporting policies and procedures governing space management at the University.
Examples of Work
Job functions are specific duties that would be included in the essential functions of the job description. These functions are not all-inclusive nor do they cover the full extent of the duties performed.
• Perform facility space audits to validate space data, occupancy, utilization and existing conditions.
• Meets with University Administration to determine space requirements to support current and future academic programs and growth.
• Provide professional guidance in best practices in the development of space planning concepts and develop recommendations on renovations that will achieve greater efficiencies of space utilization to accommodate growth and meet University goals.
• Utilizes 3D Building Information Models (BIM) and 2D Computer Aided Drafting (CAD) technologies to develop planning scenarios.
• Performs space analysis and develop presentation materials to support space reassignment recommendations.
• Provide new construction and renovation project support in pre-planning design phase to project team and architect.
Education and Experience
Master’s degree in an appropriate area of specialization; or a bachelor’s degree in an appropriate area of specialization and two years of appropriate experience.
Licensure and Certification
To see common career pathways for each position at the University of Florida please visit the Career Paths section of the UFHR website.