Talent Acquisition Specialist I
This position provides support in the administration of comprehensive Talent Acquisition and Onboarding processes and assists in implementing people-centered hiring and onboarding strategies that create and foster a positive employee experience.
Examples of Work
Job functions are specific duties that would be included in the essential functions of the job description. These functions are not all-inclusive nor do they cover the full extent of the duties performed.
- Assist in the coordination of pre-employment screening process including employment verification health assessments, and background checks in a manner that complies with federal and state laws and university hiring policies and recruitment procedures.
- Provides advice and guidance related to procedures and processes as it pertains to talent acquisition and onboarding.
- Gain support of senior level staff on complex matters related to employment law (Title VII, ADA, Fair Labor Standard Act, etc.) as it pertains to talent acquisition and onboarding.
- Provides service excellence, ensuring that the recruitment process is managed in a professional and timely manner.
- Keeps current in human resource profession by attending workshops/seminars, reading professional literature, locally or out of state.
Education and Experience
A bachelor’s degree in an appropriate area of specialization or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Licensure and Certification
This position does not typically have supervisory responsibilities.
To see common career pathways for each position at the University of Florida please visit the Career Paths section of the UFHR website.