Talent Acquisition Specialist II
This position provides professional support to hiring departments in sourcing, pre-employment screening, and in implementing people-centered hiring and onboarding strategies that create and foster a positive employee experience.
Examples of Work
Job functions are specific duties that would be included in the essential functions of the job description. These functions are not all-inclusive nor do they cover the full extent of the duties performed.
- Serves as a talent acquisition advisor to UF hiring authorities in developing and implementing effective recruitment and onboarding strategies.
- Assists in developing recruitment and onboarding processes that comply with federal and state laws, including Fair Labor Standard Acts, Family and Medical Leave Act, and Title VII of Civil Rights Act.
- Analyzes recruitment data for the development of metrics and activity reports in support of the University’s recruitment and hiring strategies.
- Provides service excellence, ensuring that the recruitment process is managed in a professional and timely manner.
- Oversees and coordinates the pre-employment screening process including employment verification, health assessments, and background checks in a manner that complies with federal and state laws and university hiring policies and recruitment procedures.
- Coordinates activities for organizational recruiting such as places job announcements, attending job fairs, performing pre-employment screenings and verifications.
- Advises departments and college administrators on issues of concern and university hiring policies, fair recruitment procedures and general employment law (Title VII, ADA, Fair Labor Standard Act, etc) as it pertains to talent acquisition and onboarding.
- Keeps current in human resource profession by attending workshops/seminars, reading professional literature, locally or out of state.
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s degree in an appropriate area and two years of appropriate experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience
Licensure and Certification
SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CP), SHRM Senior Certified Professional (SHRM-SCP), HRCI Professional of Human Resources (PHR), or HRCI Senior Professional of Human Resources (SPHR) preferred.
This position does not typically have supervisory responsibilities.
To see common career pathways for each position at the University of Florida please visit the Career Paths section of the UFHR website.