Treatment Plant Operator II
Operate and maintain a sewage treatment and/or water purification plant and performing equipment maintenance.
Examples of Work
Job functions are specific duties that would be included in the essential functions of the job description. These functions are not all-inclusive nor do they cover the full extent of the duties performed.
- Performs tests on collected samples.
- Uses test equipment including the drying oven, pH meter, BOD incubator, refrigerator, glassware, and instruments needed for mixing solids and fluids.
- Prepares required reports on plant operations.
- Assists in the training of employees.
- Maintains logs and related records.
Education and Experience
High school diploma or equivalent and three years of appropriate experience. Appropriate vocational/technical training may substitute at an equivalent rate for the required experience.
Licensure and Certification
Possession of a current class B wastewater operator’s certificate in accordance with Florida Statutes 403.101 and 468.540 552 and Regulation 61E1241, F.A.C.
This position does not typically include supervisory responsibility.
To see common career pathways for each position at the University of Florida please visit the Career Paths section of the UFHR website.