Treatment Plant Supervisor
Coordinates and manages the operations programs for the Water Reclamation Facility.
Examples of Work
Job functions are specific duties that would be included in the essential functions of the job description. These functions are not all-inclusive nor do they cover the full extent of the duties performed.
- Directs and manages maintenance staff that operate the Water Reclamation Facility and auxiliary equipment.
- Oversees and ensures compliance with safety regulations
- Monitor the status of facility systems and change processes
- Ensure compliance with checkout procedures and adjust equipment as required.
- Directs routine cleaning and maintenance of all facility systems
- Performs inspections and provides training to ensure quality and productivity
- Manage all operations contract, standard operating procedures, and safety compliance
Education and Experience
High school diploma or equivalent and five years of appropriate experience. Appropriate vocational/technical training may substitute at an equivalent rate for the required experience.
Licensure and Certification
Possession of a current class A wastewater operator’s certificate in accordance with Florida Statutes 403.101 and 468.540 552 and Regulation 61E1241, F.A.C.
This position does include supervisory responsibility.
To see common career pathways for each position at the University of Florida please visit the Career Paths section of the UFHR website.