University Planner II
Provides oversight for monitoring Comprehensive Master Plan Implementation and revision, including processing plan amendments and preparing evaluation and appraisal reports. Participates in the direction, development and coordination of the entire physical planning and implementation programs for land use, buildings, housing, recreation, transit, circulation, parking, urban design, conservation, capital improvement, inter-governmental coordination for the entire University.
Examples of Work
Job functions are specific duties that would be included in the essential functions of the job description. These functions are not all-inclusive nor do they cover the full extent of the duties performed.
- Monitors the Comprehensive Master Plan Implementation and revision, including processing plan amendments and preparing evaluation and appraisal reports in accordance with Florida Statute.
- Assists in the development of a Long-Range Plan that guides the physical development of University of Florida campus in land use, open space, density of development, primary circulation systems and linkages with the surrounding community.
- Prepares planning data, reports and studies.
- Develops the State Land Management Plans for university properties in accordance with Florida Statute.
- Assists with the development, maintenance, and utilization of a planning information system.
- Participates in various committees and working groups.
Education and Experience
Master’s degree with major coursework in urban planning, regional planning, urban design, public administration, or a closely related field and one year of relevant professional experience; or a bachelor’s degree in same and three years of professional experience in urban, regional, state, or campus planning.
Licensure and Certification
This position does not typically include supervisory responsibility.
To see common career pathways for each position at the University of Florida please visit the Career Paths section of the UFHR website.